Re: [libunwind] dlopen() and libunwind()

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: [libunwind] dlopen() and libunwind()
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:48:31 +1000

>>>>> "David" == David Mosberger-Tang <address@hidden> writes:

David> You shouldn't have to do anything.  dlopen() will add the newly
David> opened library to the list of shared objects such that
David> dl_iterate_phdr() can find it.  If that doesn't work, something
David> is broken.

I'm not using dlopen().  I'm trying to debug linux running in a
virtual machine.  The kernel is loaded `by hand' (using a slightly
hacked bootloader).  Hence:  I have several ELF files.  I have a memory
space.  I know the mappings (or can get them from /proc).  I need to
be able to extract unwind info from the ELF files and give it to
libunwind.

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately,  the political takes *forever*