[libunwind] dlopen() and libunwind()

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: [libunwind] dlopen() and libunwind()
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:36:40 +1000

Hi folks,
   Is there a *simple* way to tell libunwind to grab all the unwind
info, symbol table, etc.,  from an ELF file?  It must be able to do
this, but I couldn't find a documented interface.

  The reason is that I'm working on a virtual machine interface, and
want to get a backtrace for the guest OS.  I know I can parse the ELF
file, and then use the libunwind-dynamic stuff, but that appears
overly complex for what I want... as libunwind must already be able to
parse the ELF file to get the info.

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately,  the political takes *forever*