Re: [libunwind] Linking with libunwind.a using the Intel compiler

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] Linking with libunwind.a using the Intel compiler
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:59:22 -0800

  Tommy> I don't know what platform you are using but I found it
  Tommy> none-trivial to get dynamic support working for debian sarge
  Tommy> on Itanium.  (One feature I was using was broken in the 0.97
  Tommy> releas that comes with debian sarge and it was not trivial to
  Tommy> get it to use a full functional 0.98.3, but my probelms where
  Tommy> related to duýnamic unwind so it might work for you.)

Note that all these problems have been resolved, thanks primarily to
the good work of Matthias Klose.  AFAIK, this makes Debian the first
distro to pass the entire libunwind test-suite:

        $ make check | grep passed
        All 35 tests passed

In fairness, I believe the SuSE and Red Hat betas are not far behind
(I didn't check recently, but AFAIK, they should have all the
necessary patches, too).

        --david