[libunwind] GDB and native methods

From: Thomas Hallgren
Subject: [libunwind] GDB and native methods
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:22:18 +0100

I have a hard time getting gdb to unwind my dynamic frames. Thanks to
some printf's that I hacked into a gdb-6.2, I can conclude that the
function libunwind_frame_sniffer succeeds with unw_init_remote and on
native frames it also succeeds with unw_step. The unw_step fails with an
UNW_ENOINFO as soon as one of my dynamic frames is encountered.

I have a local debug method that successfully prints the whole stack
using a libunwind cursor so there's no problem doing a local unw_step. I
guess that remote unw_step is somewhat more demanding?

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren