Re: [libunwind] unwinding through dynamically modified code?

From: Todd L Miller
Subject: Re: [libunwind] unwinding through dynamically modified code?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:43:30 -0600 (CST)

        First off, thanks to everyone for their responses. :)  Secondly...

> I'm pretty sure Todd _knows_ what the frame state is at the branch
> target.  What you're thinking of is where an out-of-line code fragment
> is shared by multiple callers with _different_ frame-states.

        Each of these code fragments will be called from only one place.
I do know the _register_ frame state, but not, for instance, where the
original SP is stored.  That information can be extracted from the unwind
information for the function (in which the jump to the code fragment was
inserted), but I want to use libunwind's decoder to do so.

        Given that the recommended course of action seems to be to create
a "dummy region" with the unwind information from the function (in which
the jump to the code fragment was inserted), how can I use libunwind to
get this information?  E.g., can I hand it an address and ask it for the
unw_region_info_t(s) describing it?

- Todd L Miller