Re: [libunwind] adding libunwind to Debian/testing

From: Matt Taggart
Subject: Re: [libunwind] adding libunwind to Debian/testing
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:15:36 -0700

David Mosberger writes...

> This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to see what packages
> exist, without having to go through apt-get?  That would be handy for
> me since I won't normally install the Debian packages, but
> occasionally might need to check on them.

Do you mean without installing?

1.) Put the apt source in your sources.list
2.) apt-get update
3.) apt-cache show foo (or search or any of the other things apt-cache
     can do)

If you mean without even doing that then I guess you can read the
Packages.gz file by hand,

http://www.esiee.fr/~delahaym/libunwind/Packages.gz

--
Matt Taggart        Linux and Open Source Lab
address@hidden   Hewlett-Packard