Re: [libunwind] Dynamic unwinding docs

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] Dynamic unwinding docs
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:53:57 -0800

Hi Johan,

I think I forgot to respond to this part of your earlier mail:

  Johan> I'm not sure about the scope of libunwind, but here are some
  Johan> random wishes that would all be nice to have as an added
  Johan> bonus:

  Johan> * Attaching file name / line number information to address ranges.
  Johan> * Function parameter information.
  Johan> * Local variable information.
  Johan> * Global variable information.

I very much agree that it may make sense to register debug-info along
with unwind-info.  But it's definitely something that would have to be
developed in collaboration with the gdb folks.  I'd be more than happy
if the gdb developers were interested in this, but I don't have enough
debug-info experience or bandwidth at the moment to tackle this issue
(especially since I'm not confident yet that the dynamic unwind-info
part is fully cooked so, for now, I'd like to take it one step at a
time... ;-).

        --david