[libunwind] Stack Trace for HPX (PA 32)

From: Manish.Sood
Subject: [libunwind] Stack Trace for HPX (PA 32)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:14:15 +0530

Hi

We are currently trying to implement the functionality to print the stack track
of a process when the process receives a Signal for the HPX 11.00 and 11.11
PA32 bit architecture.

We have applied a patch PHSS_22478 for the HP 11.00 to get all dl ' routines.
But to complete our implementation we need to get the current frame pointer so
that we can track the stack trace starting from this position using the
dladdr() function. We have tried various string to access this value such as
'%r3', '%fp' and EBP but no success has been achieved.

Can you please tell us how to get the frame pointer on HPX 11.0 ? Is there any
way out to access the frame pointer register value from current process's user
space?

Moreover this mechanism works only for HP 11.00. So kindly also let us know if
there any Unwind Stack Library Support available on Hpx for PA32 architecture
for both HP 11.00 and 11.11?

Best Regards
Manish Sood