libtool

shared object not being created when building with QNX toolchain

From: s1341-libtool
Subject: shared object not being created when building with QNX toolchain
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:55:38 +0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to build this (https://ghostbin.com/paste/ksjht) Makefile.am. Unfortunately, for some reason the libfrida-agent.so file is not being generated.

The libfrida-agent-container.so and libfrida-agent-glue.so are being generated. The files are located in the .libs directory. There is a libfrida-agent.la, but no .so.

Note that this same build file works as expected when building using a linux-arm toolchain, but fails when using a qnx-arm toolchain. I'm building on the same machine, so the only difference between the builds should be the toolchain bits themselves (gcc, ld, ar, nm, ...).

I've been struggling with this for a few days now, and I can't seem to get it to work.

I'd appreciate any insight or suggestions, as I don't really know how to proceed with this.

Thanks
s1341