libtool

Re: (With Patch) Re: DESTDIR trouble

From: Abel Cheung
Subject: Re: (With Patch) Re: DESTDIR trouble
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:25:18 +0800

On 2003-07-07(Mon) 19:49:08 -0500, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> > Does this mean that things are more likely to be corrected if test cases
> > are added?
>
> Yes, of course.  Without minimal tests which exercize the necessary
> operations, the libtool maintainer is forced to assume that his
> changes are correct, or needs to test with a large variety of existing
> packages in order to ensure that the updates are correct prior to
> commit.

As Charles has explained, this one is not easy to write test cases, even
though I can provide tens of real world examples how libtool failed to
handle. I'm starting to looking into the tests, but don't know when I
can finish it, while real world cases can readily be given.

Abel

--
Abel Cheung
Linux counter #256983   | http://counter.li.org