libtool

Update for icc

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen
Subject: Update for icc
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 01:31:20 +0100

Hi Robert

Here's an update on my icc-patch

I have checked how my patch works from CVS HEAD now against icc 7.0. It
finally seems Intel with version 7.0 has made a usefull standard C++ library.
I have even be able to compile at full working KDE-suite.

Libtool CVS just need to following additional patch to compile KDE, it does 2
things:
1. Change ld-option flag from Qoption ld to GNU syntax -Wl. This is because
the first form does not expand inline, and that's needed for --whole-archive.
(icc 5.0 does not support -Wl, but since it doesnt compile libltdl anyway I
consider it unsupported)
2. I have removed the -nostdlib option, since this prevents icpc from linking
with it's own C++ library (libcxa and libunwind)

Patch attached.

Greetings
`Allan