libtool

Re: libtool 1.4 not passing linker directives

From: Ian Peters
Subject: Re: libtool 1.4 not passing linker directives
Date: 09 Oct 2001 16:02:50 -0400

Well,

I do realize that it's non-portable, but the number of platforms I'm
building on is very restricted (the application is only of any real use
on Linux systems running RPM, dpkg, and a few other special cases).  I'm
not really intentionally trying to use libtool; I'm just using automake,
which told me to pass linker directives in the prog_LDADD variable,
which I did, until it broke, and it seems that libtool 1.4 is what
changes this behaviour.

I'm not sure why it's using libtool to link my program -- is this
necessary, avoidable?

Ian