Re: [libreplanet-discuss] ethical edtech edit-a-thon

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] ethical edtech edit-a-thon
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 08:53:57 +0000

On 18/03/2019 08:30, Ineiev wrote:
On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 05:32:35PM +0000, Pen-Yuan Hsing wrote:
(2) Outside of software, I think it is also crucial to consider
everything else (e.g., teaching material like artwork, multimedia,
text, etc.). Specifically, there should be discussion around free
culture and the use of the Creative Commons licenses. This is a
whole other big (but important) topic so I won't go into details in
this message. But I've been certified in Creative Commons licensing,
so let me know if you'd like more information.

Please don't say just "Creative Commons licenses". historically, CC
provided (and still provides) an extremely wide range of different
licenses.

Thank you for pointing this out, but that is why I said "licenses" (plural, not singular) which acknowledges that there are many, not just one, Creative Commons licenses. I also stated that this is a "whole other big topic" and didn't go into details unless there is a desire from the list to do so.

> some of them are suitable for works of practical usage, other are not.

That's why I prefaced the point with "outside of software."