[libreplanet-discuss] Libre online membership management system??

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre online membership management system??
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:54:29 +0100

Dear Libreplanet,

Sorry I'm not quite sure who best to ask, but I recently received a mailing list posting for a group I'm part of looking for a good "online membership management system". I'm pasting their requirements below. Note that AFAIK they are quite cost sensitive since they have little budget.

Basically they are not aware of software freedom issues, but I hope this will be a chance to introduce it. Note that they emphasise GDPR compliance, which might be an angle from which to introduce the importance of libre software (you know, because of proprietary spyware, etc.).

Any suggestions? Many thanks.

------------------------------

We are looking for a membership management platform that simplifies new applications and profile editing, allows for interaction amongst members, can be linked to mailing lists, produces invoices automatically and allows us to implement different options for international payment. All with a high security level and in accordance with the GDPR rules.

What are we looking for :

Membership Application

·         Clear and easy application and editing

Membership Database

·         High security level!

·         Searchable

·         Reporting tools

Payment System

·         Automated Invoicing

·         Automatic Reminders

·         A range of  international payment possibilities (e.g. PayPal)

Communication

·         Member mailing list connected to the membership Database

·         Possibility of members interacting

·         Access to calls and search for partners

We have been looking into various software solutions like CIVICrm, Hivebrite, Salesforce, Wildapricot, Zenbership and MemberLeap.