Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreboot workshop at libreplanet 2018

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreboot workshop at libreplanet 2018
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:11:27 +0000

oh!

btw, although the T61 mainboard is incompatible with
coreboot/libreboot, you *could* bring a T60 mainboard with you (make
sure it has an Intel GPU, not ATI).

You can fit a T60 mainboard into the T61 chassis, and then flash
libreboot. If you can find a local dealer on ebay/craigslist and go
pay them cash or something and get that done before you head out to
Boston, then you could also bring that along with your T400 and T500

On 22/03/18 10:40, Leah Rowe wrote:
> Hi Arthur,
>
> On 22/03/18 00:16, Arthur Torrey wrote:
>> I am delighted to hear this - I had actually asked about this
>> very thing earlier in the week and had been told it wasn't
>> happening this year, glad that it is going to happen informally
>> at least...
>
>> I have at least two laptops that can be reflashed as far as I
>> can tell from the coreboot site...  Possibly more, will bring
>> the collection and see what can be done and what can't...
>
>> Definite? Thinkpad T400 and T500
>
> Both libreboot-compatible.
>
>> Maybe - Thinkpad T61 and SL500
>
> T61's northbridge isn't supported in coreboot. Not sure about
> sl500; doesn't seem to be listed in coreboot under
> src/mainboard/lenovo/ so probably not supported.
>
>> Less likely, but perhaps - A Dell laptop of about the same age,
>> not sure of model offhand
>
> leah@minifree:~/coreboot$ ls src/mainboard/dell ls: cannot access
> 'src/mainboard/dell': No such file or directory
>
> So your Dell laptop isn't supported by either coreboot or
> libreboot.
>
> I would suggest that you only bring your T400 and T500.

- --
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer and project founder.

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free BIOS - https://libreboot.org/
Use a free operating system, GNU+Linux.

Support computer user freedom
https://fsf.org/ - https://gnu.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: https://minifree.org/