Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Help Wanted Site for Free Software Projects

From: Nicolás A . Ortega
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Help Wanted Site for Free Software Projects
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 12:49:44 +0200

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 12:13:48PM +0000, Kees Epema wrote:
> Lots of free software projects these days are hosted on version control
> platforms like github.com for instance.
> So I believe these platforms have already taken over the role of FSF in being
> a repository for free software projects.
>
> Following this thread, I want to ask you all if you think FSF is able and of
> course willing to host such a project.
>
> In my opinion FSF maybe have little resources for regaining the marketshare
> of github.com and other similar systems.
>
> Kind regards,
> Kees Epema

In my opinion the idea isn't necessarily for the FSF to host it, but
definitely to promote it. This isn't about repo hosting but rather about
making it easy for people to find projects to contribute to and some
guidance on where to get started. Having the FSF promote this site (not
necessarily host it) would help to ensure that people in the Free
Software world know where to go, ie. help it to become known.

--
Nicolás Ortega Froysa (Deathsbreed)
https://themusicinnoise.net/