Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Potential of the Sleepycat License

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Potential of the Sleepycat License
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 21:38:41 -0400

What does the Sleepycat license gain the user that isn't covered by
GPL or LPGL?

All four freedoms are already covered by the xGPL licences, I myself
can't think of anything more a user needs to maintain zem's freedoms.

Certainly there are developers who think they need more freedoms
(including being allowed to use code without exposing source, or using
someone else's code without attribution, or using code without
propagating the xGPL), but to me those aren't compelling reasons to
switch away from xGPL.

- --Bob.