Re: [Librefm-discuss] to blackout on Wednesday

From: Mike Linksvayer
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] to blackout on Wednesday
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:26:34 -0800

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 15:02, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Mike Linksvayer <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I wish were among the sites doing an interstitial, huge
>> banner, or other form of "soft blackout". Because after messaging
>> congresspeople, on Wednesday people should be thinking about
>> longer-term strategies for killing all future SOPAs, and I think
>> is part of one such strategy. Explained in too many words at
> We'll have something up, the site won't just be down.

I know, you said a static page. Above, I'm wishing for the site to
remain functional.

In my idealized (in a few dimensions, obviously not all) world, all
blackout and contact-congress sites would send visitors to sites like after filling out contact-congress forms. But I don't expect
to convince anyone this round.