libredwg

[libredwg] Installing LibreDWG - error on Linux

From: Искандер Шафиков
Subject: [libredwg] Installing LibreDWG - error on Linux
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 14:45:01 +1100

Hi all!

When trying to configure installation of the latest LibreDWG (cloned from GitHub), I get a Python linking error on Linux distributions (tried Manjaro Linux 64x core 4.9.74-2 <- Arch Linux and Kali Linux 64x 2017.1 <- Debian).
When running ./configure to generate the make files, the process stops with this message:

checking python extra libraries...  -lpthread -ldl  -lutil
checking python extra linking flags... -Xlinker -export-dynamic
checking consistency of all components of python development environment... no
configure: error: in `/root/libredwg':
configure: error:
  Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has been
  installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
  via the LDFLAGS environment variable.
  Example: ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/non-standard-path/python/lib"
   ERROR!
   You probably have to install the development version of the Python package
   for your distribution.  The exact name of this package varies among them.

See `config.log' for more details

I've tried different Python paths (as suggested). My Python 2.7 is located in /usr/bin/python, the lib dir in /lib/python2.7/, but the error persists.

Please help!

--
Regards,
Iskander Shafikov