libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Hydra progress report + invitation

From: gagan
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Hydra progress report + invitation
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 20:28:34 +0530

On 19-Dec-2014 12:28 AM, "Thien-Thi Nguyen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I see that the ‘check’ target in unit-testing/Makefile names the
> C-language programs as dependencies.  So doing a "make check" in
> that dir essentially builds the programs and does not run them.
> So, some followup questions:
>
> - Is my understanding correct?

Yes.

> - Is/Was there intent to run the programs?

I didn't knew if the tests should be ran automatically. I thought the user should run themselves manually to test.

> - If so, how should they be run (invoked)?

At the moment, ./entity name does run test for specific entity API. I now think the tests need a change amd should run automatically.

> - Is the design of the programs recorded somewhere?

Again No.

> - Do we want top-level "make check" to recurse into this dir?

Yes.

> (I assume the answer to the last is "yes", but want to verify.)

It is. :)

> No worries.  I suppose my mucking around in those dirs has not
> bothered Piysuh Prakash much, so i'll continue doing so unless
> there are objections.

Piyush prakash now is a bit busy with his job and if I am correct, he won't be able interact or work for GNU LibreDWG ( Just from the information I have ). So we should continue to do what we want.

>    AFAIK No.
>
> OK.  I'll add blurbs to README and HACKING once we figure out
> the big picture for "make check".

Sure.

--
Thanks