libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Release plan (was: LibreDWG Merge)

From: Avneet Kaur
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Release plan (was: LibreDWG Merge)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:33:46 +0530

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:50 AM, Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
<address@hidden> wrote:

> This roadmap is the first thing that comes to my mind:
> - review bug reports in Savannah
> - review and incorporate patches in Savannah
> - check if all copyright assignments are OK
> - check if modified files carry respective author and year mentions

Awesome !
I will review bugs and patches, and share the report here.
And 'll also take care of last two tasks.

> What would make for (a) later release(s):
>
> - better R2004 support
> - merge Till's R2007 branch (although I see no reason not to merge it
>   right now and warn the user that it'll crash)

I have already pushed the R2007 changes to refactoring branch.

> - make python bindings more python-ey (probably rewrite them from
>   scratch with something else than SWIG)

SWIG is a good tool for creating wrappers.
Then why we have to rewrite from scratch ?

> - incorporate work that Felipe Castro has done recently on libdwg

Yes, we can add the DXF converter.

> Considering that we haven't had much activity here lately, this seems
> too tight. Maybe one month from now?

We have to release (may be aplha release) it before the start of GSoC
period (10 March, 2014).
So that we end up with new project Ideas for GSoC 2014.

> BTW, GSoC 2014 has been launched and GNU has applied as an
> organization.

That's great.

--
Er. Avneet Kaur
Blog: www.avneetkhasla.wordpress.com

"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working
together is success."