libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Appeal for relicensing of LibreDWG

From: Felipe Castro
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Appeal for relicensing of LibreDWG
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:16:31 -0200

2012/2/11 Hamish <address@hidden>:
> so if LibreDWG is a derivative product of a GPL3 project*, does the FSF
> have the authority to even make that decision?
> or is LibDWG (c) FSF too, not (c) Felipe ?

Well, I had indicated the copyright holder as FSF, see the header in
every source file, in the last version of LibDWG:
http://libdwg.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/libdwg/trunk/fontkodo/dekodigo.c?revision=33&view=markup

So, the decision on relicensing it is not up to me at all, I would
accept any decision from FSF. And I think I have already signed
something to make this copyright FSF to be valid legally.

But I also would like to have an answer to that question: what's the
problem on having gplv3 plugins for the other software using
LibreDWG...