libredwg

[libredwg] licensing question

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: [libredwg] licensing question
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 23:28:51 -0200

I am writing a new DWG import module based on v.in.dwg that uses
LibreDWG, a free software DWG parsing library
[http://gnu.org/software/libredwg].

Facts:
1. the module code is based on the original v.in.dwg, GPLv2 or later,
but is not published yet (I am planning to keep the license).
2. LibreDWG is GPLv3 or later.

AFAIK, that would make a dwg-capable binary release GPLv3, but if the
module's code remains GPLv2 or later there would be no conflict with
the current GRASS licensing as long as binary releases are not shipped
with DWG support built in.

Question:
Is there a licensing problem? Would it be possible to host v.in.redwg
in addons-svn?

(I've read
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToContribute#WriteaccesstotheGRASS-Addons-SVNrepository
and http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass6_progman/rfc/rfc2_psc.html
before posting to grass-dev, sorry if I'm asking something obvious but
it wasn't clear to me)

Best regards,

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP