Re: [Libreboot] BBB kernel

From: IngeGNUe
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] BBB kernel
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 19:16:08 -0500

Recompiling the kernel won't be necessary -- try this:
http://www.tnhh.net/posts/unbricking-chromebook-with-beaglebone.html

Relevant part:
"I have a trick that is not mentioned in the wiki to save you from the
agony of re-compiling the freaking kernel just to get the spidev
working. Instead of defining compatible = "linux,spidev";, in the dts
file, you can define compatible = "rohm,dh2228fv";."

Let me know if you have any questions on getting this to work. It worked
for a while but when I pulled everything apart and tried again, and I
got stuck. Nonetheless I have committed the steps to memory at this point :P