[libmicrohttpd] New project: microhttpd.h or microhttpd2.h?

From: silvioprog
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] New project: microhttpd.h or microhttpd2.h?
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 23:05:57 -0300

Hello.

I'm going to create a new project from scratch that uses MHD as main HTTP library, so I'm free to choose a new API. However, I have some questions that may help me to choose between microhttpd.h and microhttpd2.h:

* can I use the new API in production? (I'm following MHD changes, but I'm not sure about the new API development status)
* will the previous API still receiving new features and updates? (specially for websockets)
* is there a tutorial or reference to study the new API? (this two documents of the previous API helped me a lot: 1 / 2)
* is there examples or tests (even drafts) showing how to use the new API?

I'm OK to study (and contribute) the new API and I'm inclined to choose it because its simpler/friendly functions, MHD_Action etc., but if you don't recommend to use it for while I'm happy using the current stable API anyway. ;-)

Thank you!

--
Silvio Clécio