Re: [libmicrohttpd] issue with suspend/resume

From: Evgeny Grin
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] issue with suspend/resume
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 18:05:37 +0300

On 11.05.2017 16:13, José Bollo wrote:
> On Thu, 11 May 2017 15:49:43 +0300
> Evgeny Grin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 11.05.2017 15:26, José Bollo wrote:
>>> First, I just tried the latest commit
>>> (787bfd1859db22c58271f287dfcb505c0052edd3): Do not add any
>>> "Connection" headers for "upgrade" connections.
>>>
>>> My issue was still here but...
>>
>> Strange, resuming connection are now resumed before any other
>> processing. Are you sure that there are no difference at all?
>
> No difference: even the header is not sent.

OK, I'll check it.

> PS. A little question that dont really need answer now: why to not integrate
> the test and the loop in MHD_run?

Currently timing of MHD_run() is roughly predictable: it's o(n) + const,
where n - number of connections.
If such kind of loop will be inserted into MHD_run() than timing will be
completely unpredictable: if some client will send data fast enough than
MHD will process data again and again (hypothetically - infinitely).
Application which use MHD in external polling mode, usually run some
other processing in the same thread. With this loop, thread may process
only MHD data and spend very small part of time for other tasks.

--
Evgeny