Re: [libmicrohttpd] 3xx code is incorrect reason phrase with rfc

From: Evgeny Grin
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] 3xx code is incorrect reason phrase with rfc
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:33:10 +0300

On 26.04.2017 5:41, hyunho wrote:
> I am using MHD 0.9.53 version are working to create a cache server.
>
> Reason Phrase from 303 onwards found to be wrong with the rfc.
>
> For example, 304 is defined as '304 Not Modified' in the rfc, but server
> response using MHD version 0.9.53 responds with '304 See Other'

Hi!

Thanks for report!
Shift in numbers of reason strings was introduced with update of reason
codes.
Although the reason string must be ignored by client and only code
number must be used (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#section-3.1.2
), obviously it is not convenient to use unmatched strings.
Fixed in git master and added test to prevent accidental shift in future.

--
Best Wishes,
Evgeny Grin