[libmicrohttpd] Permission Denied Error

From: Phil Rosenberg
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Permission Denied Error
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 23:14:28 +0100

vHi
I have a problem with some code I have written using libmicrohttpd.
The software is run on windows and compiled with visual studio 2015,
as is my copy of libmicrohttpd.

The issue only occurs for some of my users, however, if I step through
the code it seems that the bind call is failing. Stepping through the
error reporting code the error reported by Windows is WSAEACCES, which
causes a "Permission denied" error to be reported by MHD.
I don't really understand the information at
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms737550(v=vs.85).aspx.
Is it possible anyone here could shed some light on the issue. It
seems that when someone comes across this issue the windows firewall
never asks the user if they want to allow the application to be
unblocked - I don't know if that helps. My MHD_start_daemon call looks
like

m_daemon = MHD_start_daemon(
  MHD_USE_SELECT_INTERNALLY| MHD_USE_DEBUG,
  port,
  NULL,
  NULL,
  &HttpDaemon::connectionCallback,
  this,
  MHD_OPTION_NOTIFY_COMPLETED, &HttpDaemon::completeCallback, NULL,
//variables which allow post to be processed
  MHD_OPTION_EXTERNAL_LOGGER, &HttpDaemon::parseMessageVa, this,
  MHD_OPTION_END);

Any suggestions?

Phil