[libmicrohttpd] Presentation of Ulfius, a HTTP REST framework

From: Nicolas Mora
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Presentation of Ulfius, a HTTP REST framework
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 10:41:41 -0500

Hello,

I'm working with MHD for a little while now, mostly to create home automation applications that can work on small and embedded devices, like Raspberry Pi or Cubieboard.

At first, I used MHD with success, thanks to all the contributors. But I wanted to facilitate the use of web services, as I could see in other language's web application frameworks, such as Node JS Express, Revel in Go language, etc. So I wrote a framework on top of MHD.

The goal of Ulfius is to have a web application framework in C, simple but efficient, and based on MHD because I know it and I like it, and jansson for json objects manipulation.

The idea is to divide the web application into different url endpoints. When an endpoint is called by the user, the execution is delegated to a callback function. Also, since I work a lot with JSON inputs and outputs, I use json objects using jansson library, which is a small json library in C. The callback manipulates a request and a response objects.

The url of the project is https://github.com/babelouest/ulfius

I don't intend to replace MHD, far from it, but if anyone is interested to check it and make some feedbacks, that would be much appreciated.

Right now, it doesn't handle https connections, nor authentication, but it will may be available in the future.

I haven't tested it on other platforms than debian-based distributions, but I assume this might work where MHD and jansson are available.

/Nicolas