Re: [libmicrohttpd] Why MHD latency is so high on Windows?

From: silvioprog
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Why MHD latency is so high on Windows?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 15:13:32 -0300

Oops, I forgot the log:

Status 200 OK
Connection: Keep-Alive
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 18:11:02 GMT

This log was done by Google Chrome Advanced REST Client: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/advanced-rest-client/hgmloofddffdnphfgcellkdfbfbjeloo

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 3:06 PM, silvioprog <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I'm using MHD in production, so I noticed a small problem in a customer: the MHD latency is very high. It is about 250ms. (Apache24 - 15ms; Nginx - 2ms; NodeJS - 5ms; Jetty - 5ms; libevent - 3ms)

You can't reproduce it testing in localhost, so you need two machines. If you want to test that, it is very easy:

- run a Windows 7, 8 or 10 in a VM (like VirtualBox);
- ping this virtual machine from your real machine and look if latency is OK (<1ms);
- compile this basic example and run it on the virtual machine [1];
- now, in your real machine, using something like a JMeter or just a HTTP client like this Chrome extension [2], access your HTTP server running in your virtual machine (usually http://192.168.56.102:8080).

I tested it using other examples like the `demo.c` and the `fileserver_example_external_select.c`, and I saw the same problem. :-/

I need to do some configuration to get a better latency? (at least 100ms, because 250/300ms is so slow)

Thank you!

--
Silvio Clécio

--