Re: [libmicrohttpd] Anyone wants openssl support in libmicrohttpd?

From: Andreas Wehrmann
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Anyone wants openssl support in libmicrohttpd?
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 08:19:11 +0100

On 11/06/2015 02:33 PM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
On 11/06/2015 02:25 PM, Olaf Buddenhagen wrote:
I don't mind refactoring -- though I obviously can't talk anything
specific here until I gain some grasp of the code.

It's the dynamic loading idea that I really don't feel like
implementing... I'd leave that to anyone who has an actual use case for
it.
Oh, that's almost trivial. Don't worry about that. The key is to have a
header which precisely defines the API for the SSL backend(s).

I followed this discussion and agree with Christian in that a plugin-like interface is most probably the "best" solution when it comes to supporting different SSL backends.

I just wanted to throw in that it might nice to have the ability to get around without dynamic loading after all. I don't know the current state of uCLinux, but I've had my hands on systems, where dynamic loading doesn't work.
This would effectively break SSL for those users.

Nevertheless, I don't know if there are a lot of (or any?) users out there that have systems with this restriction and who (want to) run libmicrohttpd with SSL support enabled, so it might be just fine.

I would suggest to anyone who would be affected by this to leave a mail here, but so far it seems nobody is bothered :-)

Best regards,
Andreas