Re: [libmicrohttpd] Anyone wants openssl support in libmicrohttpd?

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Anyone wants openssl support in libmicrohttpd?
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 08:00:14 +0100

Luke, I do not see how LGPL conflicts with linking against OpenSSL at
all, and as I said if OpenSSL is part of the operating system it should
fall under the OS-exception in the GPL.

RMS: what's the official FSF interpretation on this? Is there a problem
with LGPL software (optionally, default will remain GnuTLS) linking
against OpenSSL?  The gnu.org-page simply says OpenSSL is "incompatible"
GPL, but Gnome and others point to the OS exception. And this obviously
says little about LGPL.