Re: [libmicrohttpd] Some issues with MHD

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Some issues with MHD
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 23:00:42 +0100

Hmm. That's not even clearly indicative of an MHD-related issue.

What you should look at is the buffer size MHD offers when calling
recv() on the TCP stream.  The size of the buffer MHD offers to the
application can be smaller simply because the OS didn't receive 13k data
chunks between calls anymore -- be it because the sender is slower, TCP
had a congestion event or your receiver happens to be draining the
buffer slightly faster. So there are many _other_ reasons that could
explain a decrease in upload_buffer_size.

So to diagnose this better, you first should check if the cause is
really the size of the IO buffer offered by MHD to the kernel. Given
that this is all for the same connection, I doubt this is the cause ---
unless your application again doesn't always handle 100% of the data in
each call, then you could of course also see such patterns emerge.

Happy hacking!

Christian