Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD HTTPS IE vs. Firefox

From: Daniel Wunderlich
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD HTTPS IE vs. Firefox
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:48:21 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Wunderlich <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I made the experience, that my MDH behaves totally different between
> processing a HTTPS POST request from IE 9.0 or Firefox ESR 24.0
> The IE request seems to be that way different, that my own PP_handler is
> not called. I think that there is an error in parsing the multipart/form-
> data.
>
> MHD_Version: 0.9.31, but the behavior is the same with previous versions
> too.

Hi Christian,

I added the following if-statement in the postprocessor.c find_boundary()-
function:

      /* do not increase ioffptr if single '-' was received */
      if ((0 != memcmp("-", buf, 1)) || (pp->buffer_pos!=1))
        ++(*ioffptr);

As result of this modification the buffer memmove() at the end of
post_process_multipart() while loop (AGAIN mark) will not override a
single received dash (behavior of my IE with HTTPS).

Please check, if this really is a bug.

Kind regards, Daniel