Re: [libmicrohttpd] Remove PlibC from autotools files

From: Michael Cronenworth
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Remove PlibC from autotools files
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:24:39 -0500

On 08/07/2013 09:32 AM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> Ah, but that itself doesn't require the 'select' on pipes.  Could you please
> try
> to run the full test suite ("make check")?

I wasn't sure if my patches would be accepted (or reviewed this quickly). After
running make check I had to make one small tweak[1] to pipe handling. The test
cases also needed their old macros to be replaced[2] with native calls. The
test_quiesce case uses fork, which doesn't have an easy replacement. The test
would need to be reworked to use Windows threads, but I'm not interested in
doing this.

The MHD test suite passes (log attached). The testcurl tests mostly failed, but
it references errors trying to open a port so this may be an issue with Wine (I
compile on Fedora).

[1] libmicrohttpd-mingw-pipe.patch
    Use ReadFile/WriteFile for sending pipe messages. Add debug output if
    looking at the pipe fails.

[2] libmicrohttpd-mingw-tests.patch
    Replace PlibC macros with native calls.
    Does not run test_quiesce on Windows builds - uses fork().