Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd-0.4.4 on Windows

From: Michael Lenaghan
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd-0.4.4 on Windows
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:32:22 -0500

>> Does anyone know when this would be called on Windows?
>>
>> void __attribute__ ((constructor)) MHD_init ();
>
> I don't know for sure, but I'd say it's DllMain.

Yes, I think it has to be. What other options would there be for gcc on Windows?

> If you don't need SSL for a test run, I could send you the "special"
> build I made for GNUnet.

I don't use SSL, so that would be fine; in fact it would be preferred.
But I think Christian will have to consider a new release with the
change I suggested. If all of that code really is running during
DllMain() it's bad news.

Nils, would it be possible to post steps for compiling libmicrohttpd
under MinGW? (Btw, when I compiled plibc 0.1.5 last night it looked
like there was a missing link option for libintl. And my dll ended up
rather large because "shortcut.cc" has a ".cc" extension, which
triggered compilation as C++. That then linked in the C++ runtime.)