Re: [libmicrohttpd] Trying to get the hellobrowser example to work

From: Alexander Antimonov
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Trying to get the hellobrowser example to work
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 02:51:27 +0300

Lance Lefebure wrote:
Greetings. I’m relatively new to C/C++ and I’m trying to get the hellobrowser example to work. I’m using libmicrohttpd-0.4.2 and my environment is Kubuntu 9.04 with Kdevelop 3.5.3. I start a new C++ project and insert the contents of /doc/examples/hellobrowser.c. That tells me I need to get platform.h and microhttpd.h, so I grab those from /src/include/, along with plibc.h and put them in my program’s src directory. I then find that I need MHD_config.h. I find a file with that name and a “.in” extension in the root of the downloaded file, so I rename it and copy to my program’s src directory.

I’m lost here. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lance

Try use Autotools build system first:

unpack libmicrohttpd-0.4.2.tar.gz
(command line)
$ cd libmicrohttpd-0.4.2
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install
$ sudo ldconfig

More about Autotools read here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autotools

Built binaries of examples you can find in ./src/examples/.libs

It's better to start with src/examples/minimal_example.c

If you made a change to minimal_example.c source,
run from root libmicrohttpd-0.4.2 directory:
$ cd ./src/examples/
$ make