libffcall

Re: [Libffcall] repository moved from cvs to git

From: Don Cohen
Subject: Re: [Libffcall] repository moved from cvs to git
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 18:11:12 +0000

Bruno Haible writes:
 > Hi Don,
 >
 > A week ago, I wrote:
 > > In a few days, the build will require lots of cross-compilers.
 >
 > It is delivered now. README-hacking now points to a script that generates
 > all the needed cross-compilers, and the pregenerated .s and .S files have
 > disappeared from the git repository.

It's not clear to me what I'm supposed to do at this point.
Do I have to build cross compilers if I just want to compile for the
current platform?
Is all this done by autogen.sh ?

So far I've tried:
 cd libffcall
 git pull
 cross-tools/cross-build.sh
   says not enough options
 cross-tools/cross-build.sh --help
 cross-tools/cross-build.sh all
   says Missing environment variable HOST_CROSS_DIR.
 ./autogen.sh
   ends with
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'avcall-i386-macro.S', needed by
'avcall-i386-msvc.c'.  Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/libffcall/avcall'
    Makefile.maint:15: recipe for target 'all' failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2

I notice in the output:

 You may need to add #include directives for the following .h files.

 Don't forget to
  - add "gllib/Makefile" to AC_CONFIG_FILES in ./configure.ac,
  - mention "gllib" in SUBDIRS in Makefile.am,
  - mention "-I glm4" in ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am,
  - mention "glm4/gnulib-cache.m4" in EXTRA_DIST in Makefile.am,
  - invoke gl_EARLY in ./configure.ac, right after AC_PROG_CC,
  - invoke gl_INIT in ./configure.ac.

The fact that the script kept going suggests that it was expecting
to take care of all of those things.