libcvd-members

[libcvd-members] FAST corner detection.

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: [libcvd-members] FAST corner detection.
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:02:18 -0600 (MDT)

I've committed the cleaned up FAST corner detection code in to the library under the FAST_cleanup branch. It will cause minor breakage, so I haven't put it in the main branch, but I'd like to merge it in as soon possible. If you want to start using it before I merge it in ot the main CVS branch, then you can get it using:

cvs up -r FAST_cleanup

Here's the details:

faster_corner_detect_* has gone: the build system chooses which detector (SSE2 or plain C++) to use. I improved the testing a while back, so this should be OK.

Faster scoring* for all detectors has been added. The old functions have been removed.

   *scoring defined as "highest threshold at which point is detected as a
   corner"

standalone nonmaximal suppression functions have been added:
nonmax_suppression, nonmax_suppresson_with_scores
in nonmax_suppression.h

A convenience function:
fast_corner_detec_9_nonmax()
has been added. This uses the scoring system defined above.

The old style scoring is still present in the fsat_nonmax family of functions as before.

-Ed