[Libcdio-devel] libcdio treats a >4GB ISO-9660 file as 2 separate parts

From: Pete Batard
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio treats a >4GB ISO-9660 file as 2 separate parts
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:36:30 +0100

Hi,

This is another issue that got reported by users of my libcdio-based application Rufus: When trying to process the latest BlackArch ISO [1] (An ISO-9660 image from an Arch Linux derivative), the file 'blackarch/x86_64/airootfs.sfs' appears to seen by libcio as 2 separate files with the exact same name, split around the 4GB mark.

For instance, this is what the isolist sample reports when compiled and run on Linux x64 (Debian 9), with line 97 changed to: `p_entlist = iso9660_ifs_readdir (p_iso, "blackarch/x86_64");` in order to list the relevant subdirectory:

address@hidden /usr/src/libcdio/example # ./isolist blackarchlinux-live-2017.06.14-x86_64.iso
Application: ARCH LINUX LIVE/RESCUE CD
Preparer   : PREPARED BY MKARCHISO
Publisher  : ARCH LINUX <HTTP://WWW.ARCHLINUX.ORG>
Volume     : BLACKARCH_201706
d [LSN     30]     2048 /.
d [LSN     21]     2048 /..
- [LSN  55927]       47 /airootfs.md5
- [LSN  55928] 4294965248 /airootfs.sfs
- [LSN 2153079] 3160266752 /airootfs.sfs

Of course, large file support wasn't disabled when libcdio was configured, so I don't believe this has anything with LFS.
I also tested on Windows x64, through MinG32, and got the same results.

For the record, an application like 7-zip, that can open ISO-9660 images, does see airootfs.sfs as a single large file.

Since I suspect that this is a libcdio bug, I am reporting this issue so that I can be investigated and addressed, as I don't think I'll have a chance to do so myself in the near future.

You can download the problematic ISO (7.1 GB) by using the link below.

Regards,

/Pete

[1] http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/blackarch/iso/blackarchlinux-live-2017.06.14-x86_64.iso (You can also find a torrent for that image at https://blackarch.org/downloads.html#iso-download)