Aw: Re: Re: Reviewing Hurd-on-L4 (and considering its future?)

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Aw: Re: Re: Reviewing Hurd-on-L4 (and considering its future?)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 09:52:48 +0200

> The state of the art seems to have moved so far from when the Hurd was
> engineered,

I wish this were the case, but I see so many bad designs piled on top of Linux,
just because it lacks features of the Hurd, that I feel a lot of value in the
Hurd. It looks like the need for Hurdish features became so big that people now
accept crutches.

But I'm not fully up to date on microkernel dev.

> Whichever of these directions you feel is most interesting, I
> encourage you to explore at your leasure.  Don't let others tell you
> what to do or where to focus your time because it will rob you of your
> joy...

Many times this! If you have a project which you enjoy doing, then do it.

Best wishes,
Arne