64-bit virtual adresses and registers

From: Fortes Marcelo
Subject: 64-bit virtual adresses and registers
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:49:47 -0300 (ART)

>> I agree with Tanenbaum that if an active program's working set
>> does not fit in core and must be swapped, there is a problem.
shap> if you believe that we will remain crippled by 32-bit address limits
shap> forever, then Andy is right. But if you believe that 64-bit virtual
shap> addresses are an inevitable transition (as I do), then I think Andy's
shap> assertion is questionable.
64-bit virtual addresses and 64-bit virtual registers can be a possible solution to context swtching
on a multi-server operating system  running on top of a microkernel ?
There is any literacture about it ?

Thanks in advance
Marcelo Fortes.

Alertas do Yahoo! Mail em seu celular. Saiba mais.