Re: DogCows or Polymorphism in the Hurd

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: DogCows or Polymorphism in the Hurd
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:16:28 +0100

At Tue, 07 Feb 2006 04:43:32 -0500,
"Jonathan S. Shapiro" <address@hidden> wrote:
> At the same time, we have another proposal that preserves the good
> attributes of idea with essentially *none* of these confusions: the
> polytype super-interface. The only issues that have been raised with
> polytype concern consistency across views. These are valid issues, and
> important concerns in the design of certain multi-view translators, but
> they are not intrinsically fatal to the entire concept.

That's not the only issue.  In the mail you replied to, Bas and I
tried to figure out where and under which name different facets should
be made available.  IE, another issue that has been raised (by Bas) is
if there should be any conventions for names to different facets, and
what they should be.

Thanks,
Marcus