Re: University Project, Possibilities/Suggestions?

From: Tom Bachmann
Subject: Re: University Project, Possibilities/Suggestions?
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 09:23:00 +0100

Michael D. Adams wrote:
I'm confused.  I thought Coyotos was a microkernel based OS, not a
microkernel itself. Could someone send shed a few photons on this? Would we basically have both Coyotos/Coyotos and Hurd/Coyotos? (Heh,
the microkernel half of Coyotos could be called Koyotos.)

Yes, this is right. Coyotos refers to the microkernel as well as to the whole OS. It's the sime like EROS, CapROS and KeyKOS all refering to both the system and the kernel. AFAIK, nobody yet tried to utilize the Microkernel of one of those in another project yet.
--
-ness-