Re: No luck with libc compilation - missing l4/arch.h file

From: Martin Schaffner
Subject: Re: No luck with libc compilation - missing l4/arch.h file
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:01:08 +0100

B. Douglas Hilton wrote:

I was thinking about the cross-compiler issues for l4-hurd, and I
remember a ways back in this thread somebody mentioned MIG. Now, IIRC,
you can't make a --target=i686-gnu compiler unless you have both Mach
and MIG headers installed, neither of which is needed by l4-hurd, so
this doesn't look to be a good way to go about this.

I think that updating the make-cross script might be the preferred
solution, and if somebody could point me to or send me a recent version
of the script I wouldn't mind looking it over.

There exists a very comfortable way of creating a cross-compiler that targets *-linux-gnu, which works with recent versions of gcc and glibc, which might be adapted to be able to target *-gnu as well:

http://kegel.com/crosstool/