Re: why should physmem not know about which frames are extra?

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: why should physmem not know about which frames are extra?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:41:22 +0200

At Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:27:31 +0100,
Sam Mason <address@hidden> wrote:
> Admittedly there's still a bit of slightly thorny bit of work to be
> done in figuring out how to determine if a task has gone to sleep
> on us or not.

Exactly.  The longer you think about it, the thornier this question
gets.  (However, for all practical matters, it is probably easy to
just make it work with some tweaking.  This is why I am not exactly
worried.  From a semantical, and design point of view, this question
has a lot of hair, though, and this is what makes us nervous about
it).

Thanks,
Marcus