Why not a "sawmill hurd"?

From: Federico Luna
Subject: Why not a "sawmill hurd"?
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 06:33:53 -0300 (ART)

I don't know much about gnumach/hurd, but may be, that we need is a
similar aproach to L4Linux and Sawmill projects.

It's factible put gnumach/hurd on top of L4? (I'm speacking all, not only
hurd :)
If it is, (may be the L4Linux source code and experience can be very usefull on
that) then can work on it until reach a well functionaly of hurd servers.

Mean while can think on how to gradualy (re)implemet servers on top of L4,
may be through a libmon that like propose OKUJI, or may be a very close L4
semantic for perfomance motive, or...

Thanks
-fedel