now i'm up to date again

From: Zeno Gantner
Subject: now i'm up to date again
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 23:22:01 +0100

Hi guys,
I've had a look the ml archives of l4-hurd and debian-hurd,
now i know what this is all about.
I think it is no problem for me to write this
page.

I've already some suggestions. What do you think about it?

At first, there will be just links, then I'll try to do an
overview about important discussions on the mailing list,
occuring problems, things to do...

Links to L4 sites and manuals
 -- Yes, one of the advantages of l4 is that it's an academic
project, there are some theses out there about, and the manuals
i've read until that day are quite good (IMHO - i'm not (yet)
an OS hacker ;-).).
I haven't found much documentation for GNU Mach, just for
older Mach versions... --

L4KA Homepage
        http://www.l4ka.org/
Fiasco Homepage
        http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/fiasco/
L4 pages at university of technology in Dresden, Germany
        http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/L4/
SawMill Homepage (multi server linux personality)
        http://www.research.ibm.com/sawmill/
Linux on L4 (single server linux personality)
        http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/L4/LinuxOnL4/
DROPS Hompage
        http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/drops/

platform specific stuff
  L4KA on IA32  /arch/ia32.asp
  L4KA on ARM   /arch/arm.asp
  L4/MIPS       http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~disy/L4/MIPS/
  L4/Alpha      http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~disy/L4/Alpha/

Publications about L4   http://www.l4ka.org/publications/
L4 Reference Manual (Sep99, under construction) (pdf/ps)
L4KA - FAQ      http://www.l4ka.org/faq
L4 user manual

Mailing Lists:
l4-hurd
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/l4-hurd
archive for l4-hackers:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/

to add:
download-pointers for these systems (for the free ones)
pointer to mailing list info/archives for bug-hurd, debian-hurd, ...

please give me any url that seems to be important.
let me know what you think about the different docs, how
useful they are and so on...

I'll mostly write just text, 'cause it will be a page intended
for people who are interested in content and information...

I think the first version will be ready this weekend...

bye
        Zeno