koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] Updating zebradb

From: Adam Dickmeiss
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] Updating zebradb
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:37:17 +0100

Adam Dickmeiss wrote:
Tümer Garip wrote:

Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for the concern.
Well I tried to recreate the problem last night and managed to crash the
db 2 times.
Here is what I have done I started 2 separate zebraidx processes from
the command line reading lots of marc records and committing at the end.
Also from KOHA I have updated single records which is always an update
and commit on each record.

On both occasions starting from a clean db  I managed to crash the
update process. zebraidx logs giving fatal- inconsistent register errors
and ZOOM stopping the zebrasrv as well.

I am on a windows 2003 platform using zebra 1.3.34 yaz 1.1.14
Now I changed that to zebra 1.4 yaz-2.1.5 and tried just now with 2
command line zebraidx processes feeding marc records about 20K with no
commit and another command line process doing random commits. 1.4 zebra
seems to handle things better but if you try hard enough it crashed as
well.

Thanks for the info.

That Windows is used, is of particular interest, since the locking etc. is OS dependent. At ID, we use Linux 99% of the time. So you can guess where we test primarily.
With PHP scripts I created, I was able to crash on Windows 2003, Zebra 1.3. So far. So good.

/ Adam

/ Adam

Ofcourse this is not a real life situation for me. In real life every
update is update-commit. And in real life its to do with ZOOM, Z39.50 ,
my scripts and Windows.