koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] RE: [Koha-devel] Building zebradb-regarding <collection

From: Tümer Garip
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] RE: [Koha-devel] Building zebradb-regarding <collection>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 00:45:03 +0200

Hi Paul,
You wrote:
>>could you detail how you "remove the <collection> wrapper" ? I
understand what it could mean, but I don't know >>>>what to do to give
it a try.

Well currently we had to modify the MARC::File::XML so that the
XMLheader says <record blah blah> and footer says </record> and
commented "push $xml ,<record>" lines.

I know this is not a proper way of doing things but it works for us
since currently we use single XML records for ZOOM . But I think
somebody should get this XML.pm retouched so that we can have
indedxdata decides to accept multiple XML records wrapped in
<collection> later on.

Well to tell the truth I like Zebra and can give them 100% for the speed
of their database but we are having to experiment with so many things
with vey little documentation that its becoming tiring.

We have no funding on this but our hearts in KOHA and hope we are not
left heart broken.

Regards

Tumer